Set your Post or Wall Brackets. Posts are standard 42 in. height.
- Secure loosely with one lag screw/bolt.
- When using pickets, post spacing should not exceed 8ft. between posts or braces.
- When using tempered glass panels, post spacing should not exceed 6ft.
- Glass panels require vinyl gaskets (GVIL) and rubber spacer blocks (CRB-10). Sold separately.
- If wall brackets are required, install as shown. From the floor measure 42 1/8″ up to top of the upper sleeve and 4 3/4″ to the top of the bottom bracket sleeve and secure with screws or lags.
IMPORTANT: Ensure you have proper under-blocking and use proper size fasteners. Check with your local Building Department for guidelines and limitations before installation.
MEASURE DISTANCE BETWEEN POSTS (“X”)
- Mark Top and Bottom Rails and cut to correct length.
- Insert Top and Bottom Rails into the brackets attached to the posts.
- Fasten with #10 x 3/4″ self tapping screws as shown. (Model: CS-50)
- Level all posts and secure them with appropriate approved fasteners.
IMPORTANT: Drill a 3/16″ drainage hole through the bottom rail every 24″ to allow water to drain.
- Snap a spacer into the Top and Bottom rails using a rubber mallet.
- Insert picket and tap it tightly against the spacer.
- Repeat process until 3-4 pickets remain.
- Install remaining pickets as a group and snap in remaining spacers.
- Cut last spacer to fit.
TIP: Snap first spacer into center of Top and Bottom rail and work outwards.
INSTALLING TEMPERED GLASS
- Insert glass gasket (model: GVIL) into Top and Bottom rails.
- Place rubber blocks into bottom rail only, 2 blocks per panel (Set in 1″ from end of each side of glass panel).
- Slide Tempered Glass panel center up into top rail then down into bottom rail so that it rests on the rubber blocks.
NOTE: If you plan on installing the LED lighting system, you must use the LED Vinyl Gasket (Model: LED-G)
UNIVERSAL ANGLE BRACKET FOR STAIRS
- Universal Angle Brackets accommodate any stair, angle or incline.
- Mount Top and Bottom posts at desired locations on stair treads.
- Mount UAB to post while maintaining 27 5/8″ between round backing plates.
- Use #10 x 3/4″ self-tapping screws (Model: CS-50).
- Measure and cut Top and Bottom rail as shown (“X”).
- Insert pickets as in Step 3 and cut last spacer to fit.
- Bottom rail should be within 1″ of tread nosing.
NOTE: Location of Top and Bottom posts on stair treads will determine overall height of top rail. Top rail height shall not be less than 34″ or greater than 38″ above tread nosing.
CUSTOM POST/ANGLE (UAB)
- Measure from post base plate 2 3/4″ up to bottom of round backing plate and attach to post.
- Maintain 34 3/4″ between backing plates and attach top round plate as indicated using #10 x 3/4″ self tapping screws (Model: CS-50) sold separately.
- Gate is designed to fit an opening of up to 48″ and the width may be cut to fit.
- Gate kit includes one pair of hinges, pickets and spacers, hinge post, latch post, strike latch, and top and bottom rails with welded brackets on one side.